Goodwood Alive Strategic Plan
Goodwood Lighting Strategy
Goodwood Precinct Urban Design Framework
Report All Crime
Stay In Touch Request Form
Goodwood Central Traders and Services Association is a not-for-profit, voluntary association formed to represent the businesses on Goodwood Road between Leader Street and Mitchell Street:
- All businesses in commercial premises within this precinct are automatically members.
- The objective of the Association is the revitalisation of the commercial precinct.
- A committee with a term of one year is elected by members at the Annual General Meeting.
- The City of Unley supports the Association through the Unley Street Life Trust (USLT).
All members stand to gain from the Association’s primary goal of economic and cultural development of the precinct:
- Marketing and events are undertaken to promote the precinct, its traders and services as a whole.
- Street scape and infrastructure are addressed to improve the appeal and convenience of the area.
- Safety and general maintenance is managed through the relevant authorities.
The Association also offers assistance to individual members on issues related to the local business environment of Goodwood Central:
- Representation to Council and up-to-date information about available services.
- Police information, activity reports and recommendations on preventative measures.
- Local information and networking within the Association and the greater community.
Members of the Association are able to raise ideas and issues pertaining to the development of the precinct. Members are encouraged to attend any of the regular committee meetings to gain insight of current activities or table new items for consideration. Individual discussion is also welcome with any of the Committee or the Precinct Coordinator.
There is no formal requirement for Member involvement in Association activities, however from time to time Members may be asked to support specific initiatives. Support is usually related to an event or marketing proposal and quite often will have direct benefits for the Member.
There is no specific fee for membership of the Association. Financial supported is received from the City of Unley via an application for funding and levy system. The Association has a high degree of independence in how it allocates its resources, however ongoing support from Council is largely reliant upon appropriate reporting and acquittal procedures.
The Association represents the business community of Goodwood Central with the primary objective of revitalising the commercial precinct. As such, the Association actively pursues a much broader community building philosophy… only by improving the amenity, activities and culture within the precinct will economic viability and growth be achieved.
This approach is supported my many contemporary thinkers locally and worldwide. The City of Unley also follows a similar approach, as outlined in its Community Plan 2015, with a vision to be recognised for community spirit, desirable character and business success in a sustainable, safe environment.
A committee is elected by members at the Annual General Meeting for a term of one year. All members are encouraged to contribute at committee meetings, however voting rights are held by committee members only.
The Association employs a coordinator to undertake business as instructed by the committee.
The Committee aims to foster collaborative relations with local community groups and is open to partnering proposals with mutual benefits and positive outcomes for the precinct.
The Committee is expected to maintain communications with Government bodies and has direct reporting responsibilities to the City of Unley and the Unley Street Life Trust (USLT).
Click here to enquire about affiliate membership and partnering opportunities.